Friday, January 8, 2010

Guerlain - L'Heure Bleue (vintage)

lhb1

lhb2

lhb3

(cackling to myself while caressing the bottle: yeah, motherfuckers!) But really . . .

I THINK THIS BOTTLE IS BEYOND REVIEW. Like with other beautiful but probably horrendously preserved vintages, it fills my mouth with a cotton-ball, tangible inhalation of musky silk and powder, moth scales, and cobwebs. Difficult to discern a distinctive "perfume," for all I can taste is mahogany must (comparable to my poor dear bottle of also orange-rust L'Origan). Heavy clove, carnation, and violets.
Forty minutes later, waverings of hazelnut, light milky sugar, like seeing a filmy petticoat underneath swishes of a suffocating evening gown. Violets lining a parasol, unglazed porcelain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog. Funny I got a lil bottle like that recently at antique store but mine is in brown leather case. Unmarked. I was thinking it was L'Aire Bleue too. Are you on Makeupalley.com? Great info there about frags.
Best,
Denise