Friday, February 25, 2011

yeah yeah yeah

Christian Dior – Eau de cologne fraiche

The most soignée eau de cologne in the world – half Lisa Fonssagrives, half Juliette Greco. It’s extraordinary how a touch of oakmoss - velvety, shadowy, and sinuous – can transform what I thought to be a simple necessity into one of the most marvelous, refined, luxurious citrus fragrances. Beautiful women do not really come to mind when I think of perfumes – rather, nature, plants, foods, textures, but with Eau de cologne fraiche I picture pages out of Vogue, 1954.

GETTING AROUND WORK

I have FINALLY discovered a solution to my workplace fragrance conundrum. Don't choose overt florals, marine things, aldehydic things. Instead, let gourmands, or complete nonsensical noncategory fitting weirdoids be your friends! Examples: L'Artisan Parfumeur's Coeur de Vetiver Sacre has treated me very well - the smell of wiping my forearms with damp black teabags? Tea ≠ flowers ≠ perfume. Therefore, I cannot be wearing perfume! Dzing!, also from those same wonderful people? Tire tread + antiquarian bookstore + vanilla funk ≠ flowers ≠ perfume. Therefore, I am free to douse myself daily! I have worn these two beauties and sat in verrrrrry close proximity to jokers who were "allergic to perfume" and not received a complaint at all! Perhaps another tip is say no to sprays, and hug your sample vials (esp. with wands) close. In the morning, two good swipes on each arm, and I'm good to go. So! I'm so happy I'm overdosing on exclamation marks. I'm delighted because I'm working through my FREAKINNN' TERMITE MOUND HUGE bags-o'-sample too. Yay!

No comments: