Saturday, November 26, 2011

fakeries +

Dear "Jean Patou" "Sublime" "parfum," I hate you. You are a factice without having any outward sign that you are a factice. You are supposed to have a sticker saying "dummy" on the bottom, but you are awful. You look so lotuslike and blooming with your saffon-coloured nametag and gold thread, BUT YOU ARE A FAKE. You smell like Elmer's glue and rubbing alcohol. YOU are nothing. Stupid twatty little bottle, I want my sixteen dollars back, and then I will kick you off a cliff. "Jean Patou" "Sublime" "parfum," I hate you. Notice the lack of quotation marks in the last part of that sentence? My hate is real.  
*******************************************************************
Action of the last few days:

Caron - Infini parfum (vintage)
Ungaro - Diva
Nina Ricci - L'Air du Temps edt
Revillon - Detchema (vintage)
Lucien Lelong - Passionnement (vintage)
Christian Dior - Diorella edt
Robert Piguet - Bandit (vintage)
Jean-Louis Scherrer edt
some weird little bottle with a P. Robertet, Inc. label reading: "4/25/1969. Ref. 1284/1(?). PERFUME. 18% Rhapsody MG - 7094. For manufacturing purposes or professional use only." SCARY SCARY WARNING LABEL QUICK CALL THE IF . . . (collapses in anaphylactic fit due to external contact)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always assumed factice bottles were larger than any bottles issued with actual juice. Now I will know to be very careful.
Look forward to hearing about the Diorella -- my fave.

-- Lindaloo

Anonymous said...

I've seen minis and normal-sized bottles that are factices, so beware! I always check the bottom for a scratch mark or sticker too. In this case maybe it fell off?

I sprayed on Diorella the night I got it and . . . it smells like the family Dior. I will write about it hopefully this week :)

- Mlle. prpp