Friday, March 7, 2008

Laurence Dumont - Vanille Blueberry

While fooling about in Sephora, my boyfriend and I traipsed to the Gourmand section where it unleashed a flood of CARNIVOROUS CARNAL FEELINGS.
Every smell in the Laurence Dumont line made boy-of-the-household's ears perk up, his eyes brighten with joy, and his nose wiggle wildly. Kind of like a happy cat with kitty-kibble or a wee dog. Vanille Gingembre - "It's GOOD" (accompanied by much head-wagging) Tarte aux Myrtilles - "It's GOOD." Every one got an emphatic nod and tongue-lolling and exclamations of "I want to eat you!" Vanille Blueberry, however, made his pupils turn to hearts in a veritable Pepe-Le-Pew frenzy of wrist-biting and inhalation. I just offered him my wrist now and he sniffed it straight for ten seconds.
"It smells like one of those Strawberry Shortcake dolls with blue hair. It smells like what they spray on their hair before they ship them off."
Meaning: I smell like a cross between a Magic Marker and a Chinese plastic Blueberry Mufin puppet from the year 1987, but who am I to complain when I have a happy boy running and smiling all around me?
Message: sexy perfumes are not florals. FUCK FLOWERS. Smell like a candy rack Lik-M-Aid.
Says boy: "Write that you put on Vanille Blueberry which smells like Blueberry Muffin and I buttered your muffin. It'll fly off the shelves."
FINAL RATING: Me - 6/10. Boy - 9/10.

No comments: