Thursday, August 12, 2010

Coty - ? (vintage)

Toasted coconut, gardenia, tuberose, a skin-warm lei quietly wilting for 2 hours, waxy lipstick, and vanilla, all smelling as golden & burnished as a polished coco-de-mer. I know nothing about ? and it is perplexing to posit it in my vintage collection - while my other antique beauties are apple-cheeked (L'Origan), haughty (Parure), ladylike (Le Dix) or crisp (Sikkim), ? falls into the hitherto-unknown category of "Germaine Cellier slumming it and scenting a line of edible body creams." There is a fattiness that tastes of vanilla, blocks of coconut cream and mascarpone. In fact, a perfect image of ? might be skimming off a vat of gardenia-infused colostrum.

PS ? is indeed its name. It is search-engine resistant. ? de Coty, I curse thee! If you know anything about this fragrance, please share!

5 comments:

ScentScelf said...

Wait...this means in addition to "!" Coty offers "?" ???

I wonder if somewhere there is a "." that was the final offering in the collection.

Sorry, can't help with the frangrance, but I'll keep eyes peeled for info.

Anonymous said...

Hi ScentScelf!
Yes, start scouring for the elusive "~" and "*"! I think that sentence was poorly constructed. Punctuation always got me in school . . .

PRPP

Katy Josephine said...

I love this description! Can imagine this exactly.

Your writing makes me sit up and take notice. It requires engagement.

Anonymous said...

yay! your second comment especially meant a lot.

from
mme. prpp

Prosetry said...

HELLOOO. I had to comment after the usage of 'arsequaking'.

I have a bottle of this ?. I have no idea what the deal is, but mine smells like motor oil. Either it went bad or it's actually motor oil or it's supposed to smell like that, who knows. But I feel like I recently read somewhere that there is never just one Coty scent in ?. That ? was a cheeky way (perhaps?) for Coty to gain interest in their scents, and sometimes the bottles are filled with L'Origan, and sometimes with Les Muses or something else. I guess? I have no idea if that's actually true, but that was my random impression upon reading...it somewhere. Yep.

ahaha, this wasn't very helpful, was it?